A new approach to diagnosing Adverse Food Reactions
Gribbles Veterinary Pathology exclusively offers the Heska® Food Reaction Test (FRT)
The diagnosis of an Adverse Food Reaction is challenging and complex.
The veterinarian has to observe clinical signs such as:
- Non-seasonal pruritus
- Cutaneous lesions (due to pruritus and inflammation)
- Respiratory problems
- GI signs (diarrhoea, soft stools, borborhygmus, flatulence and other)
The classical approach
Involves elimination, challenge and provocation steps
The Heska Food Reaction Test (FRT) is a new approach
- FRT identifies a combination of different immune reactions against food proteins (IgE, IgG subclasses 1 to 4)
- FRT can be used as a guideline for the composition of the elimination diet
- A tool in the selection of commercial diets (hypoallergenic or hydrolysed diets)
What you need to submit for the Heska FRT:
Tube: Plain (Red cap) or Gel tube (Gold cap)
Quantity: Minimum 1mL serum (equates to approx. 2.5mL whole blood)
Book a Heska® Food Reaction Test (FRT) today to get answers for your patient.
CLICK HERE to download submission form.
CLICK HERE for Heska FRT FAQs